pondering my role in a bigger story

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Christi Pugh found the old Clifford Atari

What a small world we live in. I received this email today from a friend from childhood/college. The auction company she references is the company we used to dissolve my dad's estate back in March.

"I buy stuff from _________ Auctions & they do consignment sales every month, so in May I was bidding on a few things & saw this huge Atari lot. I had been thinking of getting one just for fun anyway, so I bid on it & won. Got it home & going through the box were the games & instructions, etc. At the bottom I found a piece of paper that had scores & names for William, Brian, & on the back your scores in your handwriting with your name, which I cannot mistake because we wrote so many letters. It was eerie...I sat on my couch for 30 minutes at first amazed saying to my dogs, "I have Amy's Atari," over & over again. I called Dena. I said, "This is the weirdest thing that ever happened to me." What are the odds that I would get your Atari? We used to play it in your bedroom. Yes, it does work. I cleaned it. A couple of the games need cleaning & don't work, but Donkey Kong works great. It is a funny stress reliever."

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That is so wild!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:16:00 PM

 
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

Donkey Kong still works...... Love it!

Saturday, August 09, 2008 10:03:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home