pondering my role in a bigger story

Monday, June 16, 2008

book meme

I received this meme from my friend Jenny as the result of loaning her the book she quoted from on her blog. So, here goes.

Step One – pull out a book on the book shelf.
Step Two – go to page 123.
Step Three – read and write out the 5th sentence.
Step Four – tag 5 more people.

From one of my current reads, David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed in Flames: "Or maybe they'll run into something comparatively small yet no less astonishing."

I think sentence 5 on page 124 would be more intriguing: "A goblet will keep you going for years, while a man in his underpants is good for maybe two days, a week at the most."

If you haven't played yet, consider yourself tagged.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks for playing. You are a good sport. I think I'm glad I don't know the context of p.124.

Monday, June 16, 2008 11:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Laura Thomas Hall said...

Okay I'll play, but I can only reach the book on the coffee table, cause I'm on the couch.

5th sentence - "It impacts every area of your life."

Laura

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:29:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

Laura, how apropos is that? I can only guess what kind of book you are quoting from...

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home