pondering my role in a bigger story

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

40


I snapped this dimly lit photo with my phone of some flowers my family sent me on my 40th birthday and stuck it here as a marker because I intended to come back and write about my birthday. And here we are 15 days later and I haven't done it. Somehow it seems like cheating to mark a place and not come back to it. Oh, well.

So, I turned 40. Some friends had a great party for me the weekend before. With pork BBQ, sweet tea and cupcakes. My birthday day was like any other work day. Long day of putting out fires. Except that a friend took me out to a really great dinner that night.

40 is the new 30, right?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey belated happy birthday amy! i missed this post somehow! yeah, i am hoping 40 is a really, really good decade (my 40th was in may)...

Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:12:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! 40 is the new 30. And I am certain it is true what I keep hearing, that life, for us women, really does begin at 40.

Yay 40!

No fear four-oh!

happy 40th (a little afterwards, as it were!)

Monday, August 20, 2007 11:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Processing Counselor said...

Happy Birthday and 60 is the new 40!

Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home