pondering my role in a bigger story

Monday, June 18, 2007

coming soon: change

after almost seventeen years of working for the same company, i turned in my two-week notice on friday. lots of thought, number-crunching, and prayer went into my decision to accept a job with a competitor. while i don't expect my new opportunity to be a cake walk, i am hopeful that it will feel less like working in a sweat shop and that the time i can devote to the things i am passionate about will increase. (that's a nice way of saying i hope that 60 hour weeks will become the exception and not the norm.)

while i have complete peace about my decision and know that it is the right thing to do, i have been a bit fidgety about it over the weekend.

here's to hoping that the grass is greener, and that i'm getting a little bit of my life back.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

What?! When?! Still there in the freezing West?! Who?!

Good for you, friend! I think that 60 hour weeks are too much - and taking advanage of your singleness....

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:42:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the new job, Amy? Can you go into detail? Send me an email if not.

Monday, July 23, 2007 2:03:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

The new gig is as a Supervisor in the Auto Physical Damage department of Farmers Insurance here in Denver.

Similar to what I did before, except that these folks actually trust their managers to make decisions versus just handing down mandates from on high. I like that.

And the 8 minute commute isn't so bad, either.

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home