pondering my role in a bigger story

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RGBP meet-up


In the midst of my post-conference craziness after Image Journal's Glen Workshop in Santa Fe, I'm also (finally) making the switch from a PC to a MacBook. Hence my delay in blogging about my week, and especially my fun meet-up with Zorra and The Scientist. After meeting briefly during intermission of an Over the Rhine concert the night before (via the aid of cell phones to find each other!) the three of us, along with my friend Jenny, enjoyed a lovely New Mexican lunch in downtown Santa Fe. Good food, great company, and for me, a great escape from the confines of St. John's College. Many thanks to The Scientist for being our photographer.

And for my dear lurkers - the conference overall was a mixed bag - some highs and some lows. Glad I experienced it, not sure I'll need to go back. It did spark the beginnings of some great conversations, and the new connections with a few people were the best take-aways. But aren't they always?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Cool picture!

And people connections are definitely the best from conferences.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:10:00 PM

 
Blogger zorra said...

I'm glad YOUR camera cooperated!
You know, I feel kind of the same way about the conference I attended; highs and lows, and having attended twice, I feel like that's probably enough.

Speaking of people connections,I certainly wouldn't call this a claim to fame, but Julia Reed and I grew up in the same church and went to the same junior high and high schools, although she was about two years behind me. If you haven't read Queen of the Turtle Derby, I highly recommend it.

Tell Jenny hi for me!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Karey Swan said...

Amy, hope you enjoy your Mac. I love mine.

I'm now reading the Friday Night Knitting Circle. The library has holds on it and I can't renew it, so going to just have it be overdue a bit ... but liking it.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:30:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

LJ - I'm making my way across the country meeting up with blogging buddies as I go!

Zorra - Julia Reed - small world. Yes, I enjoyed Queen of the Turtle Derby. I first discovered her work years ago in the old days of the Oxford American. I don't enjoy the OA as much as I did back then.

Karey - I am enjoying the Mac, and will even more once I get everything migrated over. I'll hold my thoughts on Friday Night Knitting Club until you are done. Enjoy!

I'm heading to Nashville for a family visit tomorrow, and have a stack of books ready to go - Hollis Gillespie's 'Trailer Trashed', Buechner's 'The Yellow Leaves' and a thin work on Contemplative Photography. Too much? Yes, but much better than running out of reads.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home