pondering my role in a bigger story

Sunday, August 24, 2008

random weekend tidbits


Low-key weekend here. Farmer's Market yesterday. Bought and cooked fresh vegetables. Last night went to see Agents of Future at a house concert in Lafayette.

Today, got stung by a wasp. Took a two-hour nap as result of the Benadryl. And finished this reverse-applique journal cover for my Moleskine. The pattern is from the Aabama Stitch Book. I LOVE this book.

Still pondering some questions from a conversation that began with friends in Santa Fe a few weeks ago - does our creative side drive our spiritual side, or our spiritual side drive the creative? Can you have one without the other? Can anything be sacred/spiritual? What makes it so?

Also thinking about what it means to live life authentically. Out of a more honest and real place than I feel like I currently am. To really be seen. Kinda freaked out lately that I have lost my edge and am just mellow and vanilla. Yikes.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH! did you also put some chewed chewing tobacco on the wasp sting?

Can't believe you MADE the journal cover. I was going to make one for you... but that would take three years so it's a good thing you did. looks awesome!! you are getting very creatively stitchy!

made homemade vanilla icecream today. vanilla is safe.

p.s. got you on my google reader.

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:53:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

No, I was fresh out of chew when I got stung. Had to use ice instead.

I'm pretty proud of the journal cover. I'm sure you could have done it in one-third of the time it took me. But I enjoyed making it.

Homemade ice cream sounds good about now.

Monday, August 25, 2008 9:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home