pondering my role in a bigger story

Sunday, May 25, 2008

meme

I think I am one of the last folks on the planet to do this one. Presbyterian Gal tagged me yesterday. Then I remembered that Kathy tagged me a long time ago, but I never played. So here goes...

Rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Ten years ago:
1998. I was living in Birmingham and working for the insurance company I worked at for 17 years. Was in a new process leader role, and reported to a guy that had absolutely no soul. Am I clear that he was heartless? Paid a great price for the exceeds performance evaluation I got that year. Shaky sobriety. Beginning of new realization that there had to be more to life than this.

Five things on today's "to do" list:
- clean out flowerbeds
- plant peppers, tomatoes, herbs
- laundry
- make Texas Caviar for cookout
- church

Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
- pay off all debts of family members
- redo the kitchen
- give more to my favorite non-profits
- road-trip around the country, flying in different friends to meet me for different legs of the trip
- buy a place at the beach
- fully fund Urban Skye

Three bad habits:
- too much time on the internet
- being lazy about unloading the dishwasher
- Sugar-Free Red Bull

Five places I've lived:
- Henderson, Tennessee (where I grew up)
- college dorm
- Homewood, Alabama
- Littleton, Colorado
- Denver, Colorado

Five jobs I've had
:
- lifeguard
- camp counselor
- retail clothing store salesperson, manager, bathroom cleaner, grunt (this is what happens when the parents own said establishment)
- industrial first aid and safety supply sales person
- virtually all positions within the auto claims industry from claims adjuster to manager to everything in between

I will tag:
- Tammy
- Denise
- Karey
- Jenny
- Southern Cheesehead

And, if you are reading and haven't played, join the fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Bosses with no soul are the pits for sure.

And what is Texas caviar? Bettin' it's spicy.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 5:41:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

Texas Caviar...some would probably consider it a salsa - black-eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, onions, peppers etc., which is marinated in italian dressing.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home