pondering my role in a bigger story

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

home again, home again, jiggity jig

Just back from seven fun-filled days on the Alabama Coast. Orange Beach, to be exact.

It was just what I needed. Time to totally down-shift, de-stress, process a little bit of grief, and relax.

We must be getting soft in our old age, because I don't think we stayed up past midnight more than once. Lightweights.

Eight or nine hours of sleep a night. Full days on the beach, books and trashy magazines in hand. I'll add them up in my end-of-the-month reading tally, but I think I read 5 books. Played a lot of Boggle. Flew a kite everyday. A ninety-nine cent Dora the Explorer kite that no one thought would last more than eight seconds. I made it last all week. Skill, I tell you.

Ate shrimp eighty-eleven different ways. Had to make up for living in a land-locked state.

Our stop at the FloraBama was uneventful...before the Mullet Toss crowd had fully arrived, and Souvenir City (flip-flop mecca) and Priester's Pecans were the favorite field trips.

It was good to be away.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I love Boggle! My mom and I would play that for hours. Gotta ask her if she kept her set.

Sounds like you had a very well earned fabulous time!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Southern Cheesehead said...

jealous...jealous...jealous!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:55:00 PM

 
Blogger zorra said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful! We are taking the dog to Galveston this weekend, and I can hardly wait to walk on the beach.

Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home