pondering my role in a bigger story

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Music I Loved in 2008

What follows is a totally random list of the six* new albums I most enjoyed in 2008. I seem to have discovered less new music this year, and that makes me kinda sad. Hopefully 2009 will bring on some new tunes.

In no particular order:
Sigur Ros, Med sud I eyrum vid spilum endalaust
Lucinda Williams, Little Honey
Kate Campbell, Save the Day
Sugarland, Love on the Inside
Coldplay, Viva la Vida
Emmylou Harris, All I Intended to Be

Looking forward to:
Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes
She & Him, Volume One
Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago
Son Kil Moon, April
The Frames, The Cost

(*) edited to include Emmylou. Couldn't sleep tonight if I left her out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

What! Where's Inna Godda Davia???? Or Stairway to Heaven.

Oops, dropped my dentures there.

Anyway Happy New Year to YOU!!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:11:00 AM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

LJ,

I just knew I would leave out someone great! Happy New Year to you and Wonderboy.

Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home