pondering my role in a bigger story

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

my interview from Presbyterian Gal

Five thought-provoking questions for me from Presbyterian Gal.

1. Being obviously both left and right brained, do you ever find yourself misunderstood in daily life? Great question. The misunderstanding usually comes around family, which values the left-brained, ‘practical’ side of things more than the creative. It’s less frustrating now that I realize it for what it is.

2. What was the subject of your first photograph that inspired your hobby and how old were you when you took it? I really wish I had an answer for this. I have no idea. More than likely the subject was family. Wish I could ask my mom. I could ask my dad, but he would totally make something up! The first camera I remember ever being around was my dad’s old Polaroid with the pull-apart film. Once in a while he let me ‘help’ him take a picture.

3. Describe your favorite meal. Crowder peas, stewed potatoes, creamed corn, fried okra, and corn bread. All fresh, of course.

4. What kind of band would you be in and which instrument would you play? Lead vocals? And what would you wear?
An alt-country/folk band. And I would sing lead if I was able to carry a tune. And I would play an acoustic guitar, and also be great on the fiddle and banjo. And mandolin. I would wear great boots and something orange every single gig. Maybe a fun wig, too. Heck, maybe even something sparkly, since that is the opposite of my usual Eddie Bauer-esqe wardrobe!

5. What was your favorite toy or game as a child? Any kind of arts and crafts. I remember construction paper, scissors and crayons being favorite Christmas gifts. But I can’t forget the Spirograph. I LOVED that thing. I got it for Christmas when I was eight, and I didn’t want to have to share with my then 5 year-old brother. So I scratched out “for all ages!” on the box and wrote “ages 6 & up” over it. Problem was, his birthday is in January. I'd let him play with it now. Now I even let him use my power tools when he comes to visit.

Wanna play? Here's the rules:
1. If you are interested in being interviewed, leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by posting five questions for you. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Great answers!

I can relate to your #1 answer. What are crowder peas? And I would definitely wave the lighter at your band concerts.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:38:00 AM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

Crowder peas are from the field pea family. They're called crowder peas because they crowd together in the pod. They are similar to black-eyed peas and are typically grown in the South, because you need a fairly high soil temperature to grow them. And now I've given you way more information than you wanted!

When my band starts touring I'll make sure you've got front row seats.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:01:00 PM

 
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

I so want to see you in boots and a wig! That would be too cool!

Friday, September 07, 2007 8:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home