pondering my role in a bigger story

Monday, July 06, 2009

Weekend Recap

Quick run-down of the holiday weekend:

Thursday night went to White Fence Farm for dinner. Fried Chicken mecca of Denver. We had a great waitress and she let us guess the ingredients of two of our favorite side dishes - Bean Salad and Coleslaw. Now, I just have to figure out the measurements. I am sure they make the stuff by the swimming pool-sized bowlful. 





Friday morning went to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Lots of great art. Stuart and Sheralee surprised me with this nifty dragon fly yard art from one of our favorite artists there.



Friday night a dozen people came over for movie night in my backyard . 





Saturday evening I hosted 35 people for an Independence Day celebration. 

After tons of hours of yardwork by the fabulous Richard Turley and myself, the rain commenced fifteen minutes before my guests were slated to arrive. My mother would be proud that my house was clean so we were able to seamlessly transition things inside, soon after I finished my fit of anger. You know the one... you are tired and exhausted, the yard looks great, you are finally proud of it, but, alas, you and your guests must enjoy it from afar. I got over it.

The rain did stop and we were able to be outside for part of it after all. Bottom line is that we all had fun anyhow. And the thirteen pound brisket I cooked that people thought was too freakishly large? Not. a. single. piece. left. 












Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ellen Haroutunian said...

Lovely, lovely weekend! Hugs

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Lori said...

That looks like it was lots of fun!

What movie did you watch?

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 12:43:00 PM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

Ellen - yes!

PG - we watched Were the World Mine, a modern-day retelling of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home