pondering my role in a bigger story

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just Show Up

At 4pm today I was perfectly content  in my hoodie and PJs, a pot of tea at my side, some Nick Drake streaming from my iPod dock. Stack of current reads on the end table, an art project and a basket of knitting sitting nearby.

Sometimes we talk, my friends and I, about the importance of just showing up, whether one feels like it or not. For our community. And on some level, for ourselves. Today was my ‘don’t–want-to’ day. For no real reason other than I was comfy with my brown blanket and my feet up on the coffee table.

But I did show up. And I got to experience confession and absolution with my community. And witness Judah as Assisting Minister at the Eucharist. And share about what I love about our little rag-tag community of faith with some newer folks.

I get so much more than I ever give in this place. And today, just showing up was enough. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home