pondering my role in a bigger story

Friday, December 28, 2007

do you hear what I hear

I'm not the music junkie I used to be, but I was still happy to see some of my favorite albums of 2007 on Paste Music's Top 100 Album List.

In no particular order:
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Bruce Springsteen - Magic
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Patty Griffin - Children Running Through
Over The Rhine - The Trumpet Child
The Shins - Wincing the Night Away
Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy M. said...

Have you listened to the new James Blunt CD? For some reason you popped into my head when I was listening to it the first time, that was about 100 listens ago. I love this album, it pulls me in each time I listen to it. Seems to have some spiritual undertones in it, and sometimes I forget that I am not listening to my usual praise and worship and I start lifting my hands to the Lord on some of the verses, then I catch myself and think this well I guess I am praising God for such a beautiful sound.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:57:00 AM

 
Blogger soul and culture said...

Thanks, Tammy! I'll have to check out James Blunt.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

I now have Trumpet Child on my laptop and music player. Are you proud of my progressiveness? Are you back from da souf?

Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:33:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home